Mission of the PTSA
Support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children. To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children. To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
Purpose of the PTSA
To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship. To raise the standards of home life. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth. To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Top "Ten" Reasons to Join the NVHS PTSA
- Belong to the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the USA
- Be a voice in decisions made for local, state, and national PTA issues
- Receive help navigating through high school, getting answers and staying connected with school activities and news
- Receive a free school directory
- Work directly with students and NVHS staff through fun and flexible volunteer opportunities
- Help develop your leadership skills
- Make new friends while bringing the relationship of home and school closer together
- Share your talents and positively affect someone else's life
- Help support the funding of various PTA activities
- Support an organization that has the student, staff, and all NVHS families best interests in mind